The Public Transport Authority of Western Australia is committed to making our website as accessible as possible. This means providing access to:
- people with disabilities
- people using mobile devices
- those with slower internet connections
- rural and regional users.
You can send us feedback on the accessibility of this site to PTAwebsites@pta.wa.gov.au
In line with standard practice all document attachments will open into a new window. Sizes will be specified for documents over 2MB.
To assist with scanning content or users of assistive technologies, where ever possible hyperlinks allow the link text to be meaningful when read out of context.
The following best practice approach is taken for linking within our site:
- All links to pages within the site where the menu is still available will open within the same window.
- All links to attachments or external sites will open into a new window.
This approach allows users to set their browser options to open in new tab if this is preferred to opening in a new window.
The following methods are suggested to resize text:
- use the zoom and increase font options from your browser’s menu
- press the Ctrl key (Microsoft Windows) or the Apple key (Mac OS) on your keyboard and use the + or – key to zoom in an out
- press Ctrl on your keyboard and scroll with your mouse wheel.
All images that are used to display a meaning will have alternative text available. Some browsers may also display a tooltip of this alternative text when the cursor hovers or focuses on the image. Images that are used for decorative purposes only do not contain any alternative text.
Where possible tables are only used to display tabular information and are not used for formatting. Row and column headings have been identified using HTML for use with assistive technologies. On our pages which display many publications we have chosen to display these publications in a tabular format to allow ease of access to multiple formats.
If you have any feedback or suggestions or you are having any difficulties with our site contact us at PTAwebsites@pta.wa.gov.au.
If you do not have the required software to view the PDF documents available on this site, the following free download will allow you to view the documents:
PDF Documents - Adobe PDF Reader