< Back to news
Last updated 22 July
We are closely monitoring what is happening with coronavirus (COVID-19) and are in close contact with the relevant health authorities and will continue to follow their advice in terms of precautions and mitigation measures.
What can you do
To help prevent the spread of coronavirus we are asking passengers to follow medical advice and:
- Practice social distancing - maintain space where possible
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, before and after using public transport, after going to the bathroom, before eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing. Or clean with and alcohol-based hand sanitiser.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover any coughs or sneezes with a tissue or your inner elbow, and throw your tissue in the bin afterwards.
- Stay home if you are sick.
What we are doing
We are reducing the need for our coach drivers to handle cash on Transwa services. Coaches are fitted with a cash box near the driver, into which passengers still using cash should drop their money before the driver issues a ticket. Where a cash box has been fitted, no change will be given.
Temporary closure of front seat on-board coaches
The front seats of our coaches will be temporarily closed off, providing more space between drivers and passengers. We ask all passengers to keep any interaction with the driver to a minimum.
If you suspect you may have coronavirus symptoms or may have had close contact with a person who has coronavirus, you should contact the Coronavirus Health Information Line on 1800 020 080. For all other coronavirus enquires please call 13COVID.