Regional travel restrictions
From Monday 18 May 2020, regional travel restrictions will be relaxed.
If your travel between the regions is essential, and you meet the exemption requirements below, you will be required to complete a Travel Exemption form.
Reasons for exemption:
- if you are returning home
- travelling to and from work
- to care for a family member
- to access food, medical or other essential services within the region
- to attend school or an educational institution
- if you're required to do so by law
- in an emergency (click
for more information)
- for veterinary or animal welfare services not available in your region
- compassionate grounds
Western Australia intrastate travel is defined as movement through the boundaries of the regions of Western Australia.
These regions include:
- South West, Great Southern, Wheatbelt and Perth-Peel regions
- Mid-West, Gascoyne and Pilbara regions (excluding the biosecurity zone)
- Goldfields-Esperance region (exclusing the biosecurity zone)
- within Kimberley Local Goverment areas (the Commonwealth's biosecurity zone remains in place).
Click here for more information on intrastate travel.